Lionel Messi Claims Top Spot On List Of The World’s Highest-Paid Athletes (SEE FULL LIST)
In Forbes’ annual ranking of the World’s 100 Highest-Paid athletes, Lionel Messi topped the charts.
- Super Falcons Qualify For Round 16 Of FIFA Women’s World Cup
- Music: Nicki Minaj – Megatron
- NAFDAC Bans The Production & Sale Of Sniper.
- Music: Wale Turner – Correct Musician (Prod. By Sarmy Fire)
- Jaywon & Zlatan Ibile Finally Ends Online Fight Over Song
The top 100 collectively earned $4 billion over the last 12 months, up 5% from last year’s earnings of $3.8 billion.
Here is the top 10:
Rank, Name, Total Earnings in $mil
1 Lionel Messi 127 (Football)
2 Cristiano Ronaldo 109 (Football)
3 Neymar 105 (Football)
4 Canelo Alvarez 94 (Boxing)
5 Roger Federer 93.4 (Tennis)
6 Russell Wilson 89.5 (American Football)
7 Aaron Rodgers 89.3 (American Football)
8 LeBron James 89 (Basketball)
9 Stephen Curry 79.8 (Basketball)
10 Kevin Durant 65.4 (Basketball)
SEE FULL LIST
“The global impact of soccer is clearly reflected in earnings in 2019, with the top three athletes on the list being Messi, Ronaldo, and Neymar,” said Kurt Badenhausen, senior editor, Forbes Media.
“But basketball players continue to dominate the top 100 overall with 35 athletes on the list earning a total of $1.29 billion, with 72% of that income coming from salaries rather than endorsement deals.”
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!