Generator fumes have killed a woman police sergeant, her daughter and grandchild, at their home in olorisaoko compound, osogbo, osun state.
According to punch nigeria, the police sergeant recognized as mary samuel and her kids have been observed dead within the early hours of the day past november twenty ninth.
The deceased kept a generator in her kitchen. She was found dead with a torch in her hand when security men gained access to her apartment. It is believed that she must have slumped while heading towards the direction of the kitchen, where a generator was kept.
Thankfully, her eldest daughter, Jumoke, who was in the apartment as well, was revived at the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology Teaching Hospital, Osogbo, before she was transferred to the Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital, Ile-Ife for further treatment.
A neighbour of the deceased who spoke with newsmen said;
“Someone from the next flat to hers had gone to Mrs Samuel’s apartment to ask for money for electricity. But when she got to the door, it was locked and the cry of one of her grandchildren could be heard. The person that went there became worried that no one was attending to the crying baby and she alerted others in the neighbourhood. The entrance door to the apartment was later broken and people went in.
“Samuel was found almost naked and she was confirmed dead at LAUTECH. Two others were dead too. But Jumoke, the eldest daughter of the deceased, who came around with her two children last weekend, was revived at LAUTECH and has been rushed to the OAUTH, Ile-Ife. The only person not affected by the fumes was a four-month-old granddaughter of the deceased. She was taken away by neighbours as the corpses of the others were being evacuated.”