Newly signed Real Madrid forward Eden Hazard has stressed that he is not a “Galactico” yet – but hopes to help the club back to their glory days.
The Belgium international was officially unveiled as the latest arrival at Santiago Bernabeu today following a successful medical that sealed his move from Chelsea.
Exiting the Blues, with whom he has played for since 2012, for a reported initial fee of £88.5m (€100m/$112m) , the 28-year-old is believed to be the most expensive transfer ever conducted by the club, exceeding that of Gareth Bale.
- Nigerian Super Falcons Qualify For Round 16 In World Cup
- Music: Nicki Minaj – Megatron
- NAFDAC Bans The Production & Sale Of Sniper.
- Music: Wale Turner – Correct Musician (Prod. By Sarmy Fire)
- Jaywon & Zlatan Ibile Finally Ends Online Fight Over Song
Hazard has played down assumptions that he considers himself a member of the elite group of players who bear the moniker, such as Ballon d’Or holder Luka Modric, but professed a desire in his first press conference at the club to scale such heights.
“I’m not a “Galactico”, not yet, [though] I hope to be one day,” the Belgian stated.
“I’m Eden Hazard and everything I’ve done is in the past [does not count] .“Here I start from scratch. I don’t consider myself a “Galactico”, but a very good player.
“I hope to start a new cycle with the players who have won so much, that’s what I’m here for.”
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!